At Wheatley Lane Methodist Primary School we are committed to supporting and promoting positive emotional health and wellbeing of all our school community (children, parents, carers and staff).
We recognise how important positive mental health and emotional wellbeing is to our lives just the same as physical health.
We take a whole school approach to creating a culture of happiness and wellness by:
- having clear leadership, vision, strategy and plans for improvement.
- creating a safe and supportive environment
- creating a culture where mental health can be talked about openly
- providing high quality health and wellbeing education
- developing a wellbeing policy for the whole school community
- have strategies in place to support children at risk and who are struggling with their mental health
- have clear procedures for referral of pupils or families in need, working closely with the SEND to ensure linked services
- support staff mental health and wellbeing.
Wellbeing Intent, Implementation and Impact
Meet the team.
Promoting Children and young people's mental health and wellbeing at Wheatley Lane School - a response to the DFE document
Personal development at Wheatley Lane
Unconditional positive regard at Wheatley Lane
Staff wellbeing policy
Staff Wellbeing Charter
All our staff are provided with regular training with regard to supporting the emotional needs of the pupils in our care and their families.
We have a dedicated team of staff who are able to provide a range of therapeutic interventions for our pupils and where we cannot meet a need seek to liaise with agencies who can.
We feel that support for our staff well-being is essential if they are to be able to carry out their role to the best of their ability. Supervision is always available and we have a member of our SLT who is an advocate for both staff and pupil's mental health and well being.